Flight Test Management system
Flight Test Management (FTM) in the CASA Self Service portal has now replaced Flight Test Notification System (FTNS).
If you already have a CASA Self Service username and password you can proceed to notifying a flight test or result here.Your old FTNS log in and password will not work in the new system.
You can self-register for an account at the CASA Self Service Portal if you have not already done so.
If you have questions about notification, your qualifications or you are having difficulty accessing the CASA Self-Service portal please contact us on 131757 and select the FTM option (select '0').
The major steps for conducting flight tests and proficiency checks will remain the same; however the new system will validate qualifications of both the examiner and the applicant. You can now edit the time and date of your notified tests yourself by searching for the relevant tests and clicking edit. CASA must still be given 24 hours’ notice for all flight tests.
What do you need to do?
1. Self-register for an account at the CASA Self Service Portal if you have not already done so. Your old FTNS log in and password will not work in the new system.
2. Check your username and password by logging in to CASA Self Service and ensure your qualifications are up to date.
3. Checkout the changes, benefits, and training information about Flight Test Management.
If you have further questions about the system or your qualifications please contact us on 131 757.
Benefits of the new system
FTM is a more efficient way of collecting flight test information is more user friendly for examiners.
The new system provides you with the following benefits:
- consolidation of examiner records and flight examinations into one system through the CASA Self Service portal
- immediate updates to applicant’s and examiner records
- enhanced searching functionality for examiners
- a more user friendly layout for entering information
- easy to use drop down menu selections
- automatic email notifications to applicants and examiners during the flight examination process. This includes when notifying flight tests, when changes to scheduling occur, cancellations and when examination results are completed
- replacement of some paper-based processes and reduced hard copy paper work requirements.
Are you an Approved Testing Officer (ATO) that has not transitioned to Flight Examiner?
FTM allows Approved Testing Officers (ATOs) that have not transitioned to the Flight Examiner Rating to notify, conduct and report on flight tests. Part 61.040 approval holders are also be able to notify, conduct and report on flight tests.
To enable ATOs and Part 61.040 approval holders to use the new system, relevant delegations will appear as an endorsement on your online record on the CASA Self Service portal. FTM material that references Flight Examiners encompasses ATOs and Part 61.040 approval holders.
The following resources are available to help you transition to the new system:
- a factsheet to introduce you to Flight Test Management
- a factsheet to help you understand the data used in Flight Test Management
- a factsheet to help you with notifying/editing and cancelling flight tests
- online eLearning modules available to download
- an FTM User guide.
Legacy data, including old flight test records, will be migrated to FTM in the coming weeks.
You must continue to notify us of all flight tests at least 24 hours prior to the flight test taking place. If you cannot notify your flight test in the online system, support options will be available for you to notify the authority to our support personnel, similar to that in the current process.
Examiners, ATOs and Part 61.040 approval holders can contact us on 131 757 for further information.