- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
How to respond
Discussion Paper 1205CS - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan - To increase awareness and education in relation to ageing aircraft issues
The Government White Paper entitled “Flight Path to the Future” released in December 2009, required CASA to increase its focus on ageing aircraft. As a result, CASA initiated the Ageing Aircraft Management Plan (AAMP) which is addressing the ageing aircraft issue in the following Stages:
- Stage 1: Articulate the scope of the ageing aircraft issue in Australia and make recommendations for the continued safe operation of ageing aircraft;
- Stage 1+: Industry Feedback & Ageing Aircraft Awareness campaign;
- Stage 2: Implementation of Stage 1 recommendations and key strategies; and
- Stage 3: Annual review of the effectiveness of Stage 2 initiatives once successfully implemented.
CASA is currently implementing Stage 2 of the AAMP.
The conduct of the AAMP and the content of this DP is based on objective engineering data and analysis as CASA has adopted a scientific approach to addressing the ageing aircraft issue. Suggestions should be supported with objective engineering data and analysis.
How to respond
Comment period now closed.
- - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan - To increase awareness and education in relation to ageing aircraft issues