- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
DP 0805AS - Low visibility operations in Australia
The objective of this Discussion Paper (DP) is to introduce proposals:
- to ensure low visibility take-off and landing operations are conducted within the capability of an aerodrome to support such operations;
- for regulatory standards for precision approach category II and III operations; and
- for approach bans to apply to precision approaches and Approach Procedures with Vertical Guidance (APVs).
CASA seeks advice and comment from the aviation community on the options presented by this proposal.
Responding during the consultation period
Comment period now closed.
Contact Jan Goosen
- DP 0805AS — Preamble
- DP Annex A — Proposed changes to standards and procedures covering low visibility operations
- DP Annex B — Proposed standards for runway visibility assessments
- Comments closed: 15 September 2008