DAMP exemption for micro-businesses
What is it?
This exemption reduces the time spent on DAMP document and administration tasks for smaller aviation organisations, while continuing to maintain high safety standards.
What are the benefits?
- Less administration and paperwork for your organisation.
- No requirement to conduct pre-deployment drug and alcohol tests.
- Less difficult testing requirements.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible your organisation must have 10 employees (or less) who perform, or are able to perform, Safety Sensitive Aviation Activity (SSAA). Organisations that provide services to or are engaged in Regular Public Transport operations are not able to be exempt.
How do I get the exemption?
Getting The DAMP Exemption for Micro-Businesses is easy if you are eligible, you must ensure that you have completed the following simple steps:
- Step One: Read the conditions of CASA EX167/12 - Exemption - from CASR Subpart 99.B for micro-businesses.
- Step Two: Read, understand and formally adopt CASA EX167/12 - Exemption - from CASR Subpart 99.B for micro-businesses.
- Step Three: Register for, and complete the CASA DAMP eLearning.
What happens then?
Once the exemption has been taken by up your organisation you will still be obligated to:
- DAMP Reporting as per the usual six (6) monthly reporting periods.
- Ensure SSAA Employees/ DAMP Supervisor completes all required eLearning.
- You will still be required to participate in the DAMP Audit Process.
Need more information?
Visit Drug and Alcohol Management Plans (DAMP) – Part 99 on CASA’s website for information on regulatory requirements, guidance materials, available exemptions, resources and contacts.