- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CD 1514SS – Proposed amendments to Part 42 of CASR and Part 4A of CAR
CASA is proposing a number of changes to Part 42 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) and Part 4A of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR).
Changes to Part 42 of CASR are required to:
- remove unnecessary requirements that have no safety outcome
- refine and clarify policy intent
- fix anomalies and errors
- allow the transfer of as much content as possible from the CASR to the Part 42 Manual of Standards (MOS).
The transfer of content from regulation to MOS is consistent with the Government Response to the Aviation Safety Regulation Review (ASRR) Report, published in December 2014.
The key changes to Part 42 are limited to the regulations in Subparts 42.B, 42.C, 42.F, 42.G, 42.I and 42.M.
The proposed changes to the CAR aim to fix some anomalies in the regulations. These anomalies are currently dealt with through instruments of exemption issued by CASA. The changes to the regulations would allow CASA to repeal those instruments and provide clear policy outcomes in the regulations.
The amendment package also contains some proposed minor changes to Part 21 of CASR. These changes are only remedial or consequential in nature and would not substantively change the requirements of the regulations.
How to respond
Please forward your response to CASA by 2 October 2015 by one of the following means:
- Post (no stamp required in Australia)
Reply Paid 2005
Standards Documentation Coordinator
CASA’s Standards Development and Quality Assurance Branch
Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
- Email: Iftekhar.Ahmed@casa.gov.au