- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 67 - Medical
Part 67 of CASR 1998 prescribes the requirements relating to medical certification, designated aviation medical examiners (DAMEs) and designated aviation ophthalmologists (DAOs). Part 67 details the regulations relevant to medication certification, including:
- appointment of examiners
- application for certificate
- medical standards relevant to the different classes of certificate.
- issue and renewal of certificates
- suspension and cancellation of certificates.
Who Part 67 affects
- Medical examiners designated for performance of medical examination towards medical certificate applications
- All pilot licence holders
- All air traffic licence holders
- All those who desired to be certified as meeting the medical standards detailed in Part 67.
Review of medical certification standards
We are calling for submissions into a wide ranging discussion paper to consider industry and community views to any possible changes for the medical certification regime. There are six options that may be considered for future consultation, although further options will be considered on the basis of responses to the discussion paper. Submissions/comments close 30 March 2017.
Part 67 post-implementation review (PIR)
Standards Development project FS 11/39 has been approved to conduct a PIR for Part 67 of CASR. Any amendments will be issued in draft form for public consultation. CASA will send notification via the flight operations and licensing standards mailing list when proposed amendments are available for public consultation.
Part 67 can be found in volume 2 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Implementation and transition
Part 67 was made by the Governor General on 27 Aug 2003 and commenced on 3 September 2003. Part 67 replaced Part 6 of the CAR 1988.
Part 67 history
The Part 67 history includes project and consultation activities conducted in relation to Part 67.