- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 65 and existing Air Traffic Controllers
If you hold an ATC licence issued under CAR 1988, you do not necessarily need to replace or exchange your licence to comply with the new CASR part 65.
You only need to exchange or replace your existing licence if:
- you hold a licence issued under CAR 1988, and subsequently qualify for an additional Rating; or
- you change your name or mailing address.
How to exchange a CAR 1988 licence for a CASR part 65 licence
- If applicable, fulfil the requirements for applying for an additional ATC rating.
- Complete Air Traffic Controller (ATC) Initial Licence / Additional Rating and Exchange Application - form 906 (pdf 648.75 KB), ensuring that correct personal particulars are provided and the form is signed and dated in the appropriate place.
- Attach a photocopy of all four pages of your existing ATC Licence to your application
- Mail or fax the completed documents to CLARC.