- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 64 - Authorisations for non-licensed personnel
Part 64 of CASR 1998 consolidates the rules governing the licensing of ground operations personnel. It prescribes the privileges and requirements for the grant of an aeronautical radio operator authorisation and includes provision to recognise the training and assessment conducted by registered training organisations (RTOs) for the grant of an aeronautical radio operator authorisation.
Who Part 64 affects
Part 64 affects:
- those who do not hold a pilot licence but need to operate an aeronautical radio either in flight or on the ground
- operators of unmanned aircraft.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 64 open projects include:
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 64 include:
- Part 64 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 64.