- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 45 - Display of nationality and registration marks and aircraft registration identification plates
Part 45 of CASR prescribes the requirements for the markings and the display of markings and identification plates of Australian-registered aircraft.
Who Part 45 affects
Those affected by this Part include:
- approved aircraft maintenance organisations
- aircraft owners
- Australian Parts Manufacturing Approval holders (APMAs)
- distributors of aeronautical products
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAMEs)
- Production Certificate holders
- registered operators
- Supplemental Type Certificate holders
- Type Certificate holders.
Part 45 post-implementation review (PIR)
Standards Development project MS 04/01 was approved to review Part 45 of CASR. The primary objective of the PIR is to identify the existing limitations of the regulation and to address how they may be rectified to:
- reduce the overall number of regulations
- refine and combine existing requirements to reduce the number of regulations
- provide flexibility for the display of aircraft markings
- align with the standards and practices of other NAAs, where applicable to Australian operations
- consider technical restrictions applying to the marking of composite materials
- provide a process for obtaining direction from CASA for the marking of an aircraft where the regulations cannot be complied with for technical or other reasons
- remove the requirements for certain markings that are no longer relevant to modern air traffic operations.
The proposed changes are expected to provide a number of benefits to industry that will allow aircraft operators more flexibility in marking their aircraft, provide a process to address situations where circumstances restrict the ability to comply with the marking requirements, and to reduce costs.
A working group consisting of CASA staff and industry participants will address these objectives, in conjunction with Standards Development project MS 07/16 for the PIR of Part 47.
Part 45 can be found in volume 2 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998. Recent amendments to this Part may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards
The Part 45 Manual of Standards instrument 2016 is available on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
|AC 45-01(2.1)||Nationality and Registration Marks||March 2015|
Part 45 history
The Part 45 history includes the Standards Development activities conducted in relation to Part 45.