- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 42 - Continuing airworthiness requirements for aircraft and aeronautical products
Part 42 of CASR sets out continuing airworthiness requirements for aircraft and aeronautical products.
Who Part 42 affects
- aircraft owners and registered operators
- Air Operators Certificate holders
- continuing airworthiness maintenance organisations
- Part 145 AMOs
- regulation 30 of CAR 1988 certificate of approval holders for aircraft maintenance
- licensed aircraft maintenance engineers (LAME) not working in an organisation
- and others involved in aircraft maintenance
- maintenance controllers
- persons authorised to approve systems of maintenance and changes to systems of maintenance.
Part 42 can be found in volume 1 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998. Recent amendments to this Part may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards
The Part 42 Manual of Standards is available on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
|Continuing Airworthiness Requirements for Aircraft and Aeronautical Products||May 2018|
|AC 42-3(0)||Reliability Programs||September 2012|
*This document can be written using our free document authoring tool (MAAT) to manage your manual electronically. MAAT has been developed to simplify the document writing process by automating most of the document structure whilst allowing you to customise it to meet your operational requirements. It provides sample text and technical guidance on the content and is assessed online where you can track its progress.
Other sample documents for industry use are available on the sample documents page.
|Form 42-01||Application for CASR Part 42 Approval Certificate||June 2015|
Part 42 history
The Part 42 history includes the Standards Development activities conducted in relation to Part 42.
View the Key Proposals for the initial development of Part 42.