CASR Part 42 - Continuing airworthiness requirements for aircraft and aeronautical products
Part 42 of CASR sets out continuing airworthiness requirements for aircraft and aeronautical products.
Who Part 42 affects
- aircraft owners and registered operators
- Air Operators Certificate holders
- continuing airworthiness maintenance organisations
- Part 145 AMOs
- regulation 30 of CAR 1988 certificate of approval holders for aircraft maintenance
- licensed aircraft maintenance engineers (LAME) not working in an organisation
- and others involved in aircraft maintenance
- maintenance controllers
- persons authorised to approve systems of maintenance and changes to systems of maintenance.
Part 42 can be found in volume 1 of the CASR. Recent amendments to this Part may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards
The Part 42 Manual of Standards is available on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
|AMC/GM Part 42||Continuing Airworthiness Requirements for Aircraft and Aeronautical Products||August 2016|
|Part 42 Sample Exposition||Annex A to AMC/GM Part 42 - Sample exposition||August 2016|
|Appendix A||Appendix A to AMC/GM for CASR Part 42 - Guidance on structure and content of a CAMO exposition||August 2016|
|AC 42-3(0)||Reliability Programs||September 2012|
|Form 42-01||Application for CASR Part 42 Approval Certificate||June 2015|
Part 42 history
The Part 42 history includes the Standards Development activities conducted in relation to Part 42.
View the Key Proposals for the initial development of Part 42.