- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 31 - Airworthiness standards for manned free balloons
Part 31 of CASR provides the airworthiness standards for manned free balloons. It has been based on Australian and foreign legislation, specifically:
- Section 101.54 of the Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs)
- Part 31 of the USA's Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Section 31 of the British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCARs).
Who Part 31 affects
CASR Part 31 affects people who:
- design manned free balloons to be used in the Australian aviation community
- design modifications and repairs for manned free balloons.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
There are currently no projects open for Part 31.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 31 include:
- Part 31 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 31.