- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 31 - Airworthiness standards for manned free balloons
Part 31 of CASR provides the airworthiness standards for manned free balloons. It has been based on Australian and foreign legislation, specifically:
- Section 101.54 of the Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs)
- Part 31 of the USA's Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Section 31 of the British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCARs).
Who Part 31 affects
CASR Part 31 affects people who:
- design manned free balloons to be used in the Australian aviation community
- design modifications and repairs for manned free balloons.
Part 31 can be found in volume 1 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Part 31 history
The Part 31 history includes the Standards Development activities conducted in relation to Part 31.
View the Key Proposals for the initial development of Part 31.