- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 173 - Instrument flight procedure design
CASR Part 173 covers the requirements for the certification of designers of instrument approach and departure procedures, including:
- the qualifications and training required for persons engaged in instrument flight procedure design;
- the procedures to be used by organisations in the conduct of design work; and
- provisions for on-going maintenance of procedures.
This Part can be found by going to the relevant volume in the current compilation of the Complete CASRs – produced by the Attorney General's Department.
If you have any difficulties finding the Part, please contact the ComLaw Help Desk.
Manual of Standards (MOS)
MOS Part 173. Recent amendments to this MOS may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards Part 173 Amendment Instrument 2015 (No. 1) came into effect on 1 April 2015.
Advisory Circulars (ACs)
|AC 173-1(0)||Instrument flight procedure design: Applications for procedure design certificate||(May 2003)|
|AC 173-2(0)||Instrument flight procedure design: Approval of the appointment of a chief designer||(May 2003)|
|AC 173-3(0)||Instrument flight procedure design: Approval of courses||(May 2003)|
|AC 173-4(1)||Instrument procedures design: Clarification of RNAV & BARO/VNAV criteria||(July 2010)|