- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 172 - Air traffic service providers
Part 172 of CASR 1998 specifies the regulatory framework for the approval of air traffic services providers. It includes standards for air traffic facilities, safety management and the provision of air traffic services.
Who Part 172 affects
Part 172 affects:
- Airservices Australia
- aerodrome operators
- the aviation community
- Department of Defence, if it chooses to certify its air traffic control operations under Part 172. (However, Defence does not require approval for the provision of services to civil aircraft as it operates under its own Act).
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 172 open projects include:
- Project AS 14/23 - Post Implementation Review of CASR Part 172 - Air traffic service providers
- Project SS 14/07 - Review of guidance material for the development and implementation of Safety Management Systems.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 172 include:
- Part 172 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998
- Part 172 Manual of Standards - Air Traffic Services.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
|AC 172-1(0)||Guidelines for preparing a Safety Management System (SMS)||(September 2005)|
|AC 172-2(0)||Guidelines for preparing safety cases covering CASR Part 172 services||(September 2005)|