- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 145 - Continuing airworthiness - Part 145 approved maintenance organisations
Part 145 of CASR sets out matters pertaining to:
- Part 145 approved maintenance organisations and maintenance personnel requiring authorisation for the performance of maintenance certifications
- the issue of certificates of release to service for aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance.
Part 145 should be read in conjunction with Part 42.
Who Part 145 affects
- CASR Part 145 approved maintenance organisations (AMO)
- CAR 30 Certificate of Approval holder
- CASR Subpart 42.G continuing airworthiness management organisation (CAMO)
- CASR Part 147 maintenance training organisations (MTO)
- Part 66 licensed aircraft maintenance engineer (LAME)
- apprentice or tradesperson in aircraft maintenance
- contracted support organisations and individuals
- CASA airworthiness inspector and other staff who deal with the respective continuing airworthiness matters.
Part 145 post-implementation review (PIR)
Project MS 17/03 has been approved to review the continuing airworthiness - Part 145 approved maintenance organisations legislation and associated CASR 1998 requirements. All Part 145 work will be managed under the auspices of MS 17/03 in order to identify issues with the current rules and prioritise resolution of those issues.
Part 145 can be found in volume 4 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998. Recent amendments to this Part may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards
The Part 145 Manual of Standards is available on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
|AMC/GM Part 145||Approved Maintenance Organisation Requirements||April 2016|
|Part 145 Sample Exposition*||Example and guidelines for a CASR Part 145 Approved maintenance organisation exposition||June 2015|
|AC 145-2(0)||Human Factors Guidelines for Aircraft Maintenance||November 2011|
|Control and delivery of training within by a Part 145 AMO||March 2016|
|Implementation procedures for the technical arrangement on aviation maintenance between CASA and CAAS||January 2018|
*This document/manual can be written using our free document authoring tool (MAAT) to manage your manual electronically. MAAT has been developed to simplify the document writing process by automating most of the document structure whilst allowing you to customise it to meet your operational requirements. It provides sample text and technical guidance on the content and is assessed online where you can track its progress.
Other sample documents for industry use are available on the sample documents page.
|Form 4||Nominated Personnel||November 2017|
|Application for CASR Part 145 approval certificate Form 145-01 (pdf 306.52 KB)||Application for CASR Part 145 Approval Certificate||July 2015|
|Form 395||Application for Significant and Non-Significant change||November 2017|
Part 145 history
The Part 145 history includes the Standards Development activities conducted in relation to Part 145.
View the key proposals for the initial development of Part 145.