- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 145 - Continuing airworthiness - Part 145 approved maintenance organisations
Part 145 of CASR sets out matters pertaining to:
- Part 145 approved maintenance organisations and maintenance personnel requiring authorisation for the performance of maintenance certifications
- the issue of certificates of release to service for aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance.
Part 145 should be read in conjunction with Part 42.
Who Part 145 affects
Part 145 affects:
- CASR Part 145 approved maintenance organisations (AMO)
- CAR 30 Certificate of Approval holder
- CASR Subpart 42.G continuing airworthiness management organisation (CAMO)
- CASR Part 147 maintenance training organisations (MTO)
- Part 66 licensed aircraft maintenance engineer (LAME)
- apprentice or tradesperson in aircraft maintenance
- contracted support organisations and individuals
- CASA airworthiness inspector and other staff who deal with the respective continuing airworthiness matters.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 145 open projects include:
- Project MS 17/03 – Post-implementation review (PIR) of CASR Part 145 - Approved maintenance organisations
- Project SS 14/07 - Review of guidance material for the development and implementation of Safety Management Systems.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 145 include:
Advisory material provides advice and guidance to explain regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
|AMC/GM Part 145||Approved Maintenance Organisation Requirements||April 2016|
|Part 145 Sample Exposition*||
Acceptable means of compliance and guidelines for a CASR Part 145 Approved maintenance organisation exposition.
Note: The MAAT exposition template is undergoing updates to align with the latest version of the Part 145 Sample Exposition July 2020. Please contact a MAAT coordinator for further information.
|Principle AMO.02 Specialist Maintenance (pdf 307.57 KB)||This document contains the acceptable means of compliance and guidance for exemption instrument (CASA EX60/20).||July 2020|
|AC 145-2(0)||Human Factors Guidelines for Aircraft Maintenance||November 2011|
|Control and delivery of training within by a Part 145 AMO||March 2016|
|Implementation procedures for the technical arrangement on aviation maintenance between CASA and CAAS||August 2021|
*This document/manual can be written using our free document authoring tool (MAAT) to manage your manual electronically. MAAT has been developed to simplify the document writing process by automating most of the document structure whilst allowing you to customise it to meet your operational requirements. It provides sample text and technical guidance on the content and is assessed online where you can track its progress.
Other sample documents for industry use are available on the sample documents page.
Forms for industry use which are applicable to Part 145 of CASR are available on the forms and templates page.