- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 141 Operations Manual
The CASR Part 141 Operations Manual template in MAAT is designed for operators who conduct non-complex flying training activities with up to 10 regular safety sensitive employees. It will also serve as a useful starting point for operators who have more than 10 regular safety sensitive employees or who undertake more complex Part 141 activities however, it is likely that additional procedural material would be required to reflect your operation.
The MAAT template:
- provides flexibility to Organisations by allowing sections and sub sections to be added to reflect your unique operational activities
- includes sample text that can be selected as is or amended to reflect the scope of your operation
- unaltered sample text that is used to write the manual will be accepted by CASA if your operation conforms to the scope of the intended operator profile
- amended sample text will be reviewed for consistency and accuracy with regard to the Part 141 provision, and if suitable will be accepted.
- the sample text provided is based on an aeroplane operation - helicopter operators can customise the content to reflect their operation.
- includes guidance material (from the guide) which has been produced to assist operators review what parts need to be customised to suit their operations
- links to helpful websites to assist writing the manual
- provides sample diagrams such as an organisations structure, and sample forms which can be download, updated with your logo and company particulars (if required), then attached to the relevant section to form part of your manual
- includes the ability to add a separate section (in Volume 5) for each of your flying training syllabuses. You can choose to adopt CASA’s sample flying training syllabuses in their entirety, choose to make amendments, or develop your own. If you choose to make amendments or develop your own syllabuses, CASA will need to assess these to ensure they meet the requirements of Part 61.
- there is no obligation to use the sample CASA syllabuses, however they constitute an acceptable means of compliance for those that do.
It is recommended that Organisations conducting both Parts 142 and 141 activities use the CASR Part 142 exposition template available in MAAT.
Link to website with info: Flight training organisations.