- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 129 - Foreign air transport operators - certification and operating requirements
Parts 129 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) prescribes the certification, airworthiness, maintenance and operating requirements for foreign operators operating foreign-registered aircraft to transport passengers or cargo to, within or from Australian territory. It outlines the requirements for the issuance of a Foreign Air Transport Air Operator’s Certificate (FATAOC) and requires a foreign operator to:
- meet International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards
- have an AOC issued by the State of the operator
- ensure all crew (flight crew and cabin crew) are able to communicate orally in a common language to enhance safety outcomes
- have a safety management system (as per the standards set out in ICAO Annex 19, Safety Management).
Who Part 129 affects
Part 129 affects foreign carriers seeking the issue of a FATAOC from CASA.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 121 open projects include:
- Project OS 00/04 - CASR Part 129 - Foreign air transport operators - certification and operating requirements.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 129 include:
- Part 129 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 129.