- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 11 - Regulatory administrative procedures
Part 11 of CASR 1998 sets out the rules that apply to CASA in administering authorisations (i.e. licences, ratings, certificates and endorsements). This includes how CASA is required to process applications for authorisations, suspend or cancel authorisations at the holder's request, and, where applicable, renew time-limited authorisations.
Part 11 also includes rules for the:
- application, assessment and issue of exemptions from the provisions of the CASR
- issue of temporary directions in relation to matters affecting air safety, rather than having these powers scattered throughout the CASR
- administration of the delegation of CASA’s powers under the CASR
- consultation requirements prior to CASA issuing or amending a manual of standards (MOS).
Who Part 11 affects
CASR Part 11 affects CASA staff, persons seeking exemptions against civil aviation safety regulations (CASR), and persons subject to directions. It may also be of interest to persons applying for authorisations, although for the most part, all the information the person needs (for application purposes) will be contained in the CASR part relating to that activity.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
There are currently no projects open for Part 11.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 11 include:
- Part 11 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
|AC 11-02(2)||Exemptions against the CASR, CAR and CAO||August 2011|
|AC 11-3(1)||Electronically formatted certifications, records and management systems||May 2013|