- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 103 - Sport and recreational aviation operations
Part 103 of CASR will consolidate the rules applying to people who carry out recreational aviation private flight operations, maintenance, and training for recreational aviation in the following kinds of aircraft:
- gliders (including sailplanes, hang gliders, paragliders and powered variants thereof meeting defined criteria)
- manned balloons and hot-air airships
- rotorcraft that meet defined criteria and are administered by a recreational aviation administration organisation
- ultralight aeroplanes (defined by weight and stall speed) that are administered by a recreational aviation administration organisation.
All rules relating to private or recreational use of balloons or gliders will be found in Part 103.
These rules are currently contained in the CAO 95-series of exemptions that relate to activities administered by named administering organisations. The criteria for the establishment and operation of these administering organisations will be contained in Part 149 of CASR.
Who Part 103 affects
Part 103 affects:
- organisations involved in sport aviation as defined in Part 103
- sport and recreational aircraft pilots and maintainers.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
The following projects are open to revise CASR Part 103:
Consultation and project activities
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 103.