Go to top of page
CASA enhances aviation safety by
- Conducting entry control assessments, regulatory surveillance and oversight, providing regulatory services, and taking appropriate enforcement actions when necessary.
- Developing aviation safety standards and guidance material, and implementing regulatory changes.
- Developing effective enforcement strategies to secure compliance with aviation safety standards.
- Regulating Australian-administered airspace, registered and certified aerodromes, aerodrome rescue and firefighting services and air traffic control services, and overseeing designers of instrument approach procedures.
- Issuing licences, certificates, authorisations, approvals and other permissions required by persons undertaking a range of aviation-related activities in Australia.
- Encouraging a greater acceptance by the aviation industry of its obligation to maintain high standards of aviation safety.
- Conducting regulatory oversight of operators’ drug and alcohol management plans, conducting alcohol and drug testing, and carrying out certain aviation security assessment functions.
- Reviewing and analysing data and providing advice and making the appropriate interventions to maintain and improve Australian aviation safety performance.
- Providing a rapid response service for authorities requiring protected airspace at short notice.
- Providing advice and support to delegates and authorised persons in the aviation industry, and administering medical standards applicable to licence holders.
- Providing regulatory and other appropriate training for CASA staff and industry.