- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASA Annual Report 2014-15 | Organisational Structure Long Description
Organisational structure at 30 June 2015
First level of the structure
- Dr Allan Hawke AC (Chair),
- Jeff Boyd (Deputy Chair),
- Trevor Danos AM,
- Mark Skidmore AM (Ex-officio Board member),
- Ian W Smith AM,
- Anita Taylor,
- Murray Warfield
- and Board Secretary Brian Calder.
Mark Skidmore AM, Director of Aviation Safety.
Second level of the structure
Committee and commissioner reporting to the CASA Board
Board Audit Committee:
- Trevor Danos AM (Chair),
- Barbara Yeoh (Deputy Chair),
- Rod Alfredson,
- Michael Roche AM,
- Anita Taylor
- and Board Secretary Brian Calder.
Gretchen Bennett, Industry Complaints Commissioner (acting).
Executives of the Office of the Director of Aviation Safety
- Terry Farquharson, Deputy Director of Aviation Safety,
and three managers:
- Lauren Grant, Program Management;
- Doug Melville, Knowledge and Information Management Services;
- John Thynne, Safety Systems Office.
- Dr Jonathan Aleck, Associate Director of Aviation Safety,
and four managers:
- Ross Barnes, Governance Systems;
- Carolyn Hutton, Government and International Relations and Corporate Communications;
- Lee Ungermann, Self Administering Sport Aviation Organisations;
- Position vacant, General Aviation Taskforce.
Eight divisions reporting to the Director of Aviation Safety
- Gerard Campbell, Executive Manager;
- Roger Weeks, Operations Strategy (acting);
- Anthony Stanton, Senior Adviser;
- Mark Fernan, National Operations;
- Luke Gumley, Operations Efficiency (acting);
- Earl Brown, Flying Standards (acting);
- Des Byfield, Western Region;
- Roger Chambers, Sydney Region;
- Michelle Massey, Southern Region;
- Keith Thompson, Eastern Region;
- Daniel Ullmer, Central Region (acting);
- Tom McLaren, North Queensland Region.
Airspace and Aerodrome Regulation Division:
- Peter Cromarty, Executive Manager;
- Martin Holberton, Office of Airspace Regulation (acting);
- Dilip Mathew, Aerodromes;
- Andrew Tiede, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management.
- Peter Boyd, Executive Manager;
- Brooke Curtin, Flight Operations;
- John Grima, Flight Standards;
- Jason McHeyzer, Operations Regulations Implementation;
- Nick Ward, Airworthiness and Engineering Standards;
- Grant Mazowita, Standards Development and Quality Assurance.
Safety Education and Promotion Division:
- Cheryl Allman, Executive Manager (acting);
- Eleanor Dean, Safety Promotion.
Industry Permissions Division:
- Peter Fereday, Executive Manager;
- Dr Michael Drane, Principal Medical Officer (acting);
- Mark Taylor, Permission Application Centre;
- Craig Jordan, Strategic Development (acting).
Legal Services Division:
- Adam Anastasi, Executive Manager;
- Noel Saffery, Investigations;
- Joe Rule, Legal;
Corporate Services Division:
- Brian Keech, Executive Manager (acting);
- John Forrest, Chief Information Officer;
- Simon Frawley, Chief Financial Officer (acting);
- Mike Whitfield, People and Performance (acting);
- Grace Franco, Upgrade/Replace Existing Systems (acting).
Business Improvement Division:
- Dr Alyson Ross, Executive Manager.