- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
- Manual of Standards
Go to top of page
Booking of Exams
PEXO uses the Internet to deliver flight crew examinations to authorised venues.
ARN (Aviation Reference Number)
Candidates require a CASA-issued ARN to book any PEXO exam. If an intending exam candidate does not have an ARN, he/she should apply for an ARN form by using CASA. If the candidate needs assistance, the CFI and staff of the flying training school should be able to help. The Form 1162 must be completed and submitted in accordance with the Guidelines published on the form.
Assessment of eligibility to sit exams
PEXO will only permit a candidate to book or sit an exam if he/she possesses the mandatory pre-requisite qualification, or if he/she has not been disqualified. A disqualified person is:
- one who has already passed the exam or hold a licence or rating related to the exam; or
- one who has failed the particular subject exam and has a ‘re-training period’ which is not yet satisfied; or
- one suspended by CASA from sitting exams and whose suspension period is not yet completed.
For candidates converting an overseas flight crew licence into an Australian equivalent, a CASA assessment of the overseas licence is mandatory in addition to the pre-requisite qualification. Before applying to sit the exam, the applicant shall submit certified true copies of his/her licence, medical and logbook to Flight Crew Licensing section in CASA Head office, Canberra. The certification shall be done by Australian recognised approved persons. Where the details are not in the English language, the applicant is responsible, at his/her own expense, for obtaining a certified translation into English by an Australian Commonwealth government's approved translator.
Booking an exam
A candidate shall address enquiries, book exam, pay the fees, and requests for change/cancellation of exam sessions and venues directly to either:
- in the case of a flying school, the PEXO Registrar at the flying school concerned; or
- in the case of a booking with Aspeq, directly with Aspeq.
Candidates should not contact CASA on any of these administrative matters.
The CASA exam fee is collected by the Registrar on behalf of CASA.