- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Benefits of CASR Part 42
How will CASR Part 42 benefit you?
CASR Part 42 provides the overall policy direction for the entire maintenance suite of the CASRs. The main purpose of CASR Part 42 is to provide for all the requirements necessary to ensure any actions performed support the continuing airworthiness of Australian aircraft.
CASR Part 42 requires that the regular public transport registered operator must be approved as a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation and identifies that operator as being responsible for continuing airworthiness of an aircraft operated in regular public transport operations.
As an approved Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation under CASR Part 42 you will be able to:
- Vary an Approved Maintenance Program without the need for a CAR 42R delegate, provided you have the appropriate processes and sufficient staff in place.
- Vary a one-off task interval extension to a maintenance program task.
- Manage your own affairs independently of CASA, providing you with greater flexibility.
- Conduct business more efficiently with greater clarity in the regulations.
To ensure continuous improvement of the new look maintenance regulations web-pages, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please email any comments or questions to MRwebfeedback@casa.gov.au.