Benefits of CASR Part 145
How will CASR Part 145 benefit you?
From 27 June 2013, only organisations approved under the CASR Part 145 will be able to provide maintenance services for regular public transport aircraft and/or their aeronautical products. These organisations are known as CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisations.
The new proposed regulations aim to amalgamate requirements into a consolidated structure. In many areas, the requirements are stated less prescriptively, enabling organisations to develop their own processes to achieve stated safety outcomes.
As a CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation, you will see the following benefits:
- Enhanced aviation safety and alignment with modern international regulatory practices.
- An instrumental role in maintaining and improving Australia’s international competitiveness in the aviation industry.
- Increased autonomy through the provisions provided by the regulations that allow an approved CASR Part 145 organisation to:
- Utilise A category licences.
- Vary maintenance data in limited circumstances.
- Generate maintenance data in limited circumstances.
- Authorise specialist maintenance activities.
- Control 'subcontracted' maintenance activities.
To ensure continuous improvement of the new look maintenance regulations web-pages, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please email any comments or questions to MRwebfeedback@casa.gov.au.