- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Australian Dangerous Goods Air Transport Council (ADGATC)
On this page
The Australian Dangerous Goods Air Transport Council (ADGATC) is the peak industry body for the transport of dangerous goods by air. It is comprised of representatives of the major and regional airlines from Australia and New Zealand, the RAAF, dangerous goods training organisations, domestic and international freight forwards, Australia Post, packaging manufacturers and shippers of dangerous goods. A number of Regulators involved in the transport of dangerous goods by air attend under a standing invitation and include CASA, CAA New Zealand, Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, Australian Transport Safety Bureau and the Australian Federal Police.
The council's objectives are:
- To work for the promotion of, and compliance with regulatory standards for the carriage of dangerous goods by air, so as to maintain the highest possible level of safety in air transport.
- To provide a forum for members to express their views in the presence of the regulatory authorities and to raise questions on dangerous goods procedural and policy matters.
- To make recommendations to CASA or other appropriate authorities on policy or legislative matters relating to the carriage by air.
- To discuss and reach consensus and solutions to problems relating to the air transport of dangerous goods.
- To distribute dangerous goods related information from any source to the industry through Council members and promote public awareness of the air safety issues involved in dangerous goods carriage by air.
ADGATC currently conducts three meetings per annum, usually alternating locations between Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide, and occasionally at other regional centres throughout Australia. Meetings dates are normally aligned with the IATA Dangerous Goods Board or ICAO Dangerous Goods Panel meetings.
Interested persons involved in any of the dangerous goods disciplines, regulatory compliance or other related dangerous goods activities are welcome to attend.
- 18th March 2020 – Melbourne
Marair – 12 Allied Drive, Tullamarine
- 21 July 2020 – Perth – AirSafe
- 20 Oct 2020 – Brisbane – TBA
CASA Dangerous Goods
For dangerous goods related enquiries, please contact CASA's dangerous goods inspectors by email email@example.com or by phone 131 757.
ADGATC – Australian Dangerous Goods Air Transport Council
If you are interested in attending or have any questions relating specifically to ADGATC, please contact the Chair, Vice-Chair or Coordinator.
Ph: (07) 3212 1535
Ph: (07) 3136 6119
- 'Can I pack that?' - Dangerous Goods App
- Transport Canada - Transport DG Directorate
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- United States of America Federal Aviation Agency (FAA)
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand
- UN Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- US DOT Office of Hazardous Materials Safety.