- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Aviation Security Identification Cards
Improved ASIC identity verification
New identity verification requirements for ASIC applicants come into effect from 1 August 2017. The new requirements include:
- new categories of identification documents and
- verifying your identity in person with your issuing body.
Why are these changes important?
These changes help keep Australia’s aviation environment safe and secure for everyone. It’s an everyday practice to present in person when obtaining proof of identity documents such as a driver licence or passport. From 1 August 2017, this will apply to the ASIC scheme too.
Please note that CASA can only issue ASICs to applicants with an operational need as defined in CASA’s program with the Office of Transport Security. Applicants must either:
- Hold a valid Flight Crew Licence (as per part 61) and a current Australian Aviation Medical Certificate OR
- Be enrolled, and undergoing training, with a Part 141 certified training organisation.
For students enrolled with a Part 141 organisation, the application for an ASIC must be accompanied by a letter from the Part 141 organisation. The letter must name the student, name the Part 141 organisation, be on Part 141 organisation letterhead and confirm that the ASIC applicant is a current student requiring frequent access to a designated security airport for the purposes of flight training.
- Your ASIC questions answered
- Who can apply for a CASA issued ASIC?
- Identification documents
- Applications and other information
- Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) application
- Application for Aviation Security Checks
- Security Controlled Airports
- Aviation Security Regulations 2005
- Distributing ASICs to applicants and returning ASICs to CASA
- List of CASA ASIC collection agent localities