- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Approved Testing Officers/Examiners?
Approved Testing Officers/Examiners
- On 1 September 2014, Part 61 replaced the Approved Testing Officer (ATO) delegations issued by CASA with the grant of flight examiner ratings on the licences of suitably qualified and experienced licence holders.
- Flight examiners now conduct flight tests under the authority of their rating, rather than as delegates of CASA, but are subject to a proficiency check every 2 years by CASA.
- Part 61 flight examiners are required to have an instructor qualification to conduct specialised training.
- Requirements have been introduced to include training and testing for the initial issue of the examiner rating, and a refresher course for the maintenance of the rating.