Applying for an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate
To apply for an AROC, you must:
- have turned 17
- successfully completed training from a person or body mentioned in 64.015 (2)
- been assessed by an approved person or training organisation as meeting the competency standards for the operations of an aeronautical radio and
- have a current general English language or aviation English language proficiency assessment.
You will need a CASA Aviation Reference Number (ARN) which you can obtain by submitting Form 1162 - Aviation Reference Number (ARN) Application.
Once you have met the requirements for the issue of an AROC, Form 64-ROC is required to be completed. Ensure:
- all personal particulars are correct
- the application form has been signed and dated by the Instructor who conducted the training
- you sign and date the application form in the relevant place.
The completed application form can be sent via email or post to CASA licensing and registration centre.