- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Apply to change your Flight Training Certificate
Step 1: Complete and submit application form
Depending on the change required you will need to download and complete one or more of the forms below:
- to vary flight training activities listed on your Part 141 certificate, complete and submit Form 141-001
- to vary flight training activities listed on your AOC, complete and submit Form 1214
- to vary flight training activities listed on your Part 142 B2 Certificate, complete and submit Application for CASR Part 142 flight training certificate form 142-001 (pdf 831.26 KB)
- if you are nominating new key personnel, complete and submit both Form 395 and Form 4
- for any other change not covered in the above, complete and submit Form 395.
Your revised exposition or operations manual reflecting the changes must also be submitted to CASA.
Send the completed forms and any supporting documentation with the application to the Client Service Centre - Permissions Issue.
Step 2: Review of your application
We will review the application and supporting documents you have provided to ensure it is complete. If your application is incomplete and we require further information, we will contact you.
Step 3: Payment of costs and submission of supporting documents
We will send you a cost estimate to process your application. This estimate will cover assessment of your exposition or operations manual and supporting documentation, key personnel interviews and inspections of your facilities as well as the issue of a certificate or the acceptance of the change.
The estimate letter will also provide details of any additional documentation that may be required to support your application. If you choose to proceed with your application, you will need to pay the full amount and submit the required supporting documents to us.
The estimate is valid for 30 days from the date of the letter. If payment and supporting documents are not received by us within the 30 day period, your application will not be progressed and your documentation will be returned to you.
More information on the fees and estimate process is available.
Step 4: Assessment of your application
Assessment of your application will start once we receive your payment and supporting documents. The Permissions Issue team will then allocate your application to your local CASA regional office.
If the application package is incomplete, all or part of the package will be returned to you for correction or completion.
We may suspend the application process if the requested information is not provided within a reasonable timeframe. We will also cancel any application that remains suspended or inactive for more than 90 days.
Step 5: Certificate issue/CASA approval of change
Once your application has been approved, we will issue either a certificate or a letter of approval.
We will reconcile the actual hours against the estimated hours for the assessment. If required a refund or invoice will be processed.