7 easy steps to lodge your SDR online
SEVEN easy steps to lodge your SDR online
Select on the underlined words 'SDR and SUP online form' to get started.
Select SDR type from the drop down box, the form will refresh with the applicable sections open for you to complete.
Required information is marked with an asterisk. Fill in any other pertinent information by opening the applicable section and entering details.
Tip for composing your description:
Create a temporary 'Word' document, enter your description and copy/paste to the SDR description box.
This can be done prior to selecting 'SDR and SUP Online Form' - reducing time on the Web, allowing time for research and composing your description.Note: The form description box has a maximum character limit of 4000 characters - approximately 56 lines. Additional information can be included as an attachment.
'Occurrence' and 'casual factor' fields are not required data, but if you fill in one or more of these it will help in assessing your report.
Selection of defect report type:
- Initial notification of defect (additional information can be provided at a later date, i.e. 'follow-up' report), or
- Follow-up notification (with additional investigation results)
Note: If 'Follow-up' is selected, a tick box field will appear titled, 'Follow-up report from an earlier defect notification'. Select and enter the defect receipt number of your 'initial' report.
Select 'Submit': you will be prompted if any of the required fields are not complete, i.e. the applicable field(s) will be coloured and/or a 'red' text message will be displayed.
You will be given a receipt number and the opportunity to attach photos, movies or other supporting documents.
- Record your receipt number, date of occurrence and submitters name for future reference.
- You can make multiple attachments, but the size of each must not exceed 2Mb.
Finish procedure or submit another defect - there are three options to continue data entry:
- return to a cleared input screen,
- return to the input screen with your previously entered data retained, or
- enter a receipt number, including the defect report's date of occurrence and submitters name, exactly as shown for that defect report's receipt number.
Note: If you need further information please refer to the SDR help page.