- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Progress of CASA's response to the independent review of the fatigue rules
This page provides the status of CASA’s progress in responding to the recommendations of the independent review of fatigue rules.
CASA identified 54 actions that will be accomplished in four phases to address the review team recommendations:
- Phase 1: Completed September 2018 (includes immediate action to update the transition timeline)
- Phase 2: Complete in 2018 (includes amendments and guidance material required to support transition of high capacity regular public transport (RPT) operators)
- Phase 3: Complete by mid-2019 (includes amendments, related guidance material, sample documentation and training required to support transition of all other operators)
- Phase 4: Includes ongoing actions not expected to be completed during Phases 1-3.
More detail regarding the actions is in the report Modernising Australia’s fatigue rules: CASA response to the independent review recommendations (pdf 378.92 KB).
We will seek Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) feedback prior to closing recommendations.