DAMP exemption for reporting
Instrument CASA EX143/17 Exemption - DAMP organisations to provide information to CASA will continue the arrangement in instrument CASA EX39/15 that expired on 30 September 2017. There have been no changes made to the conditions and intent of CASA EX39/15. As such, any DAMP organisation that had adopted CASA EX39/15 may continue to do so with CASA EX143/17.
This exemption removes the obligation on DAMP organisations to provide information to CASA every 6 months in accordance with subregulations 99.100 (1) and (2) of CASR. DAMP organisations will still be required to comply with subregulation 99.105 (3) of CASR in relation to record keeping.
How do I get the exemption?
There is no need to apply for this exemption; DAMP organisations are automatically exempt from the requirement to report under subregulation 99.100 (1) and (2) of CASR 1998.
What Happens Now?
According to the current regulations, the obligation nonetheless remains for DAMP organisations to:
- Read and understand the conditions of the reporting exemption
- Retain the relevant records, as detailed in CASR 99.105
- Provide that information to CASA when requested during an audit, as detailed in CASR 99.090
- Provide the name and contact details of the organisation's DAMP contact officer, as detailed in CASR 99.100(4)
- Provide information to an approved tester if required, as detailed in CASR 99.100(5).