- Dangerous goods
- Drug and alcohol management plans
- Emergencies and incident reporting
- Fatigue management
- Human factors
- Safety management systems
Drug and alcohol management plans
There are requirements you need to meet in relation to your drug and alcohol management plan (DAMP).
Understanding CASR Part 99
Part 99 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) was developed after the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) recommended the introduction of mandatory alcohol and drug testing in 2004.
- Why do we have regulations?
- Who do the regulations apply to?
- What are my individual responsibilities under Part 99?
Regulatory requirements and putting your management plan into place
- What is a DAMP?
- Drug and alcohol education program
- Drug and alcohol testing program
- Drug and alcohol response program
- Administrative obligations for DAMP organisations
- Understanding DAMP reporting
- Understanding CASA testing
- DAMP exemption for micro-businesses (updated June 2015)
- DAMP exemption for the collection and screening of specimens (updated July 2017)
- DAMP exemption - use of pre-hiring drug and alcohol tests (updated March 2016)
- Foreign aircraft AOC holders (updated March 2016)
- DAMP exemption for CAR 30 or Part 145 organisations overseas (updated September 2016)
- DAMP exemption for reporting (updated October 2017)
We are currently drafting amended Part 99 regulations and a Manual of Standards (MOS) to be made available for consultation in late 2017.
Resources, Guidance Material, FAQ’s, Tools and Forms
- CASA AOD eLearning
- DAMP organisation contact form (Form 008)
- DAMP guidance manual (updated April 2015)
- DAMP framework (updated March 2015)
- Fact sheets
- Frequently asked questions
- Summary of Records
- Problematic Alcohol and Other Drug Use in the Australian Aviation Sector - Comprehensive Assessment Guidelines
- Resources for CASA Inspectors
- Drug and alcohol management enquires for Part 99: Contact your regional office
- eLearning technical support: email@example.com
- CASA testing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA)