- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
- Drug and alcohol management plans
- Emergencies and incident reporting
- Fatigue management
- Human factors
- Safety management systems
- Advice for air travellers
Information about the health and safety of those who fly, whether aircraft crew, or passengers.
For aircraft passengers
If you have a medical condition, you need to think carefully before flying or making travel plans. The following information is a guide for passengers, including deep vein thrombosis, ears/hearing/medication and pregnancy.
For aviation employees, pilots or air traffic controllers
To be a professional pilot or air traffic controller, you must be in good health, and this includes having good hearing, vision and colour perception.
Last modified: 23 June 2019