- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Prescriptive rules without modification
On this page
An operator may transition to the prescriptive rules in Appendices 1 to 6 of the CAO without modification.
- Review the CAO to identify new obligations applicable to your operations.
- Review Appendices 1 to 6 inclusive of the CAO to identify the most appropriate appendix/ices that corresponds to your operation.
- Update your operations manual to reflect the CAO and the appendix/ices selected.
- Develop and implement fatigue management policies and procedures to reflect the operations manual.
- Deliver training to staff on any requirements.
Guidance material is available to assist you identify the changes required to your operations manual, develop fatigue management policies and procedures and develop training material.
CASA’s Transition Policy provides detailed information for operators on how to meet transition timeframes and comply with the new rules.
- No, not before the transition date (1 July 2020).
- CASA may undertake assessment of operations manual and Fatigue compliance declaration form (pdf 632.09 KB).
- CASA will check compliance during future surveillance or regulatory service activities.
- An operator is required to submit an updated operations manual and a Fatigue compliance declaration form (pdf 632.09 KB) by 30 June 2020.