- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Progress of CASA's response to the independent review of the fatigue rules
This page provides the status of CASA’s progress in responding to the recommendations of the independent review of fatigue rules.
CASA identified 54 actions that will be accomplished in four phases to address the review team recommendations:
- Phase 1: Completed September 2018 (includes immediate action to update the transition timeline)
- Phase 2: To be complete early 2019 (includes amendments and guidance material required to support transition of high capacity regular public transport (RPT) operators)
- Phase 3: To be complete by mid-2019 (includes amendments, related guidance material, sample documentation and training required to support transition of all other operators)
- Phase 4: Includes ongoing actions not expected to be completed during Phases 1-3.
Read CASA’s proposal and provide your feedback by 10 February 2019 at CASA’s Consultation Hub.
More detail regarding the actions is in the report Modernising Australia’s fatigue rules: CASA response to the independent review recommendations (pdf 378.92 KB).
We will seek Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) feedback prior to closing recommendations.