Standards Consultative Committee (SCC)
CASA's regulatory development consultation process involves the SCC.
The SCC is a joint industry-CASA forum that brings together representatives from a diverse range of aviation industry and other groups, to make recommendations to CASA on regulatory policy and standards development issues / processes for consideration by CASA senior management. The principle tasks of the SCC are to:
- make recommendations to CASA on the development of regulations, standards and associated advisory material
- identify individual aviation experts to work with CASA staff on elements of the aviation safety standards development program.
Aviation community experts work with CASA staff in sub-committees and subordinate project teams and working groups to develop or amend regulatory material.
Project teams contribute to policy development in accordance with CASA policy development principles, including the conduct of appropriate risk assessments and cost/benefit analyses. The team provides briefings to relevant sub-committees (and the full SCC if appropriate) on project developments and seeks their comments and advice on specific issues.
SCC, sub-committee, working group and project team members serve without financial compensation. However, CASA does make funds available for meeting venues.
Recent plenary meetings
Note: Sub-committee meetings are listed on the relevant sub-committee pages.
|Date||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|3 May 2016||Meeting 42 agenda|
|31 March 2015||Meeting 41 Agenda||Meeting 41 Minutes|
|2 April 2014||Meeting 40 Agenda||Meeting 40 Minutes|
|1 May 2013||Meeting 39 Agenda||Meeting 39 Minutes|
|4 July 2012||Meeting 38 Agenda||Meeting 38 Minutes|
|31 August 2011||Meeting 37 Agenda||Meeting 37 Minutes|
Joining the SCC
If your organisation or industry sector is not represented on the SCC, you can submit a nomination for membership to the SCC Secretariat. Nominations should be written on the letterhead of your organisation and include:
- a short summary of your organisation's involvement in the aviation community
- the contribution your organisation can make to the SCC consultative process
- the name of the organisation's intended representative.
The Standards Development and Quality Assurance Branch, through the SCC Secretariat, is responsible for:
- establishing, maintaining and publishing the annual program of SCC and sub-committee meetings
- preparing and distributing meeting agendas, attachments, minutes and meeting packs
- recording and retaining meeting minutes and action item registers
- organising meeting venue and catering arrangements
- managing the SCC Online Discussion Forum
- managing committee and sub-committee memberships.
You can email comments or questions to the SCC Secretariat at email@example.com.