- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Search guidance for Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998
Finding the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 on the Federal Register of Legislation
- Go to the Federal Register of Legislation homepage.
- Select Current from the Legislative Instruments drop-down menu
Select Regulations from the Classified as drop-down menu
- Click on Ci
- In the Principle in force tab, click on Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
- PDF, Word and Zip versions of the CASR 1998 (in 4 volumes) are available under the Download tab.
Create a bookmark to the latest compilation
OPC aims to prepare and publish compilations as soon as possible after the commencement of an amendment regulation. The current compilation of the CASR 1998 includes information about the start date of the compilation, which will be the date of commencement of the most recent amendment that has commenced.
- Click on latest version
If amendments have been made but have not yet commenced, they will be listed under the heading Unincorporated Amendments. Clicking on the name of an unincorporated amendment regulation will take you to that amendment regulation.
- Click on Details to drop down the amendments information.
Viewing previous compilations
- Click on View Series to access earlier compilations and all of the individual amendment regulations (both un-commenced and commenced).
- On the Series page, all compilations are listed under the Compilations tab. Individual amending regulations are listed under the Principal + Amendments tab.
Automatic repeal of amending regulations
Under Division 1 of Part 5A of the Legislation Act 2003, a regulation that is wholly a commencing, amending or repealing regulation is automatically repealed once it has done its job (that is, has commenced in full). The automatic repeal does not undo the effect of the amending regulation - this is covered in Part 5A of the Legislation Act.