- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project FS 18/07 - Proposed amendments to Part 60 Manual of Standards - Synthetic training devices
The Explanatory Statement for Statutory Rules 2003 No. 240 for Civil Aviation Amendment Regulations 2003 (No.7) contained the following:
The CASR Part 60 regulations:
- Align the technical requirements for aeroplane flight simulators with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards, the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Joint Aviation Authorities of Europe (JAA)
- Allow either FAA or JAA standards for helicopter flight simulators.
MOS Part 60 Chapter 3 was a “cut and paste” of the standards detailed in:
- ICAO Manual of Criteria for the Qualification of Flight Simulators, Doc 9625-AN/938 Second Edition 2003
- FAA’s proposed FAR Part 60 Appendix A, and
- Joint Aviation Requirements Aeroplane Flight Simulators (JAR-STD 1A Amendment 3 dated 1 July 2003).
ICAO, EASA and FAA have all updated their standards since 2003. This proposal is to update the standards in MOS Part 60 Chapter 3 to directly reference the latest ICAO, FAA and EASA standards.
Replace the current Chapter 3 with direct reference to the applicable standards.
The proposed scope of work was approved by the Manager, Flight Standards Branch May 2018.
Part 60 MOS
Project leader: John Frearson, Flight Simulation Team Leader
Policy manager: Manager, Flight Crew Licensing
|Consultation updates in 2019|
|CD 1815FS - Update to aeroplane flight simulator standards||Comments close 10 April 2019.||14 March 2019|
|Consultation updates in 2018|
|Project FS 18/07 - Proposed amendments to Part 60 Manual of Standards - Synthetic training devices||Project has been published.||5 November 2018|