Go to top of page
Pilot training organisations
- Part 141 simplifies the requirements for training operators to conduct flight training for recreational, private and commercial licences, and for single pilot ratings and endorsements.
- Part 141 training organisations require a Part 141 certificate instead of an AOC. This certificate applies to flight training in both aircraft and flight simulation training devices.
- Part 142 provides a regulatory framework for flight and simulator training for multi-crew authorisations, complex aircraft type ratings and integrated training courses.
- Part 142 also provides a regulatory framework for organisations to provide third-party training and checking services. Part 142 operators are required to hold an AOC.
- Part 141 and 142 training organisations have until 31 August 2018 to comply fully with the new requirements.