- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Flight operations regulations
The flight operations regulations consolidate the operating and flight rules, as well as certification and management for a variety of aircraft and operations.
CASA is progressively updating the rules as part of CASA’s regulatory program which aims to improve, strengthen and reinforce aviation safety within Australia.
This involves migrating the regulations in the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR) to Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR).
Regulations under development
The flight operations regulations currently in development are:
- CASR Part 91 – General operating and flight rules
- CASR Part 119 – Australian air transport operators (certification and management)
- CASR Part 121 – Australian air transport operations (large aeroplanes)
- CASR Part 133 – Australian air transport operations (rotorcraft)
- CASR Part 135 – Australian air transport operations (small aeroplanes)
- CASR Part 138 – Aerial work operations
Part 119 and Part 133 are open for public consultation until 21 August 2018.
Part 119 and Part 135 are open for public consultation until 2 September 2018.
Part 119 and Part 121 are open for public consultation until 2 September 2018.
Find out about our current consultations and the results of previous consultations through CASA’s Consultation Hub.