- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 27 - Airworthiness standards for rotorcraft in the normal category
Part 27 of CASR was developed to specify the airworthiness standards for normal category rotorcraft (such as helicopters). These are rotorcraft with a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) up to 3,175 kg and up to nine passenger seats. Part 27 has been based on foreign legislation, specifically the USA's Federal Aviation Regulations Part 27.
Who Part 27 affects
Part 27 affects:
- people who design rotorcraft to be used in the Australian aviation community
- people who design modifications and repairs for rotorcraft.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
There are currently no projects open for Part 27.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 27 include:
- Part 27 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 27.