- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Key proposals - development of Part 129
- A standard that mandates a common cabin and flight crew member language and that requires flight crew members to be able to communicate with ATC in English.
- The use of Operations Specifications that act as a schedule to the AOC.
- A clear assignment of the Part 91 general flight rules that apply to Part 129 operators in Australia.
- The refinement of maintenance and airworthiness requirements applicable to aircraft operated by Part 129 operators.
- The consolidation in one part of mandatory operating requirements including radio, navigation, ACAS, and TAWS equipment fitment and usage.
- Restrictions to be placed on the crewing together of inexperienced pilots.