- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 66 - Continuing airworthiness - aircraft engineer licences and ratings
Part 66 of CASR applies to all personnel seeking an aircraft engineer licence or licence rating. It sets out requirements for the application for, the granting of, and the appropriate use of aircraft maintenance engineer licences and ratings.
Who Part 66 affects
Part 66 affects:
- those seeking to become or who are licensed aircraft maintenance engineers (LAME) and others involved in aircraft maintenance
- aircraft owners and registered operators
- Air Operator's Certificate holders
- Part 145 approved maintenance organisations
- regulation 30 of CAR certificate of approval holders for aircraft maintenance
- personnel involved in design, certification and production of aircraft and aeronautical products.
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 66 open projects include:
- Project MS 16/05 - Post implementation review of CASR Part 66-Continuing airworthiness-aircraft engineer licences and ratings
- Project SS 05/01 - Reform of continuing airworthiness legislation under the regulatory reform program.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 66 include:
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
|AMC/GM Part 66||Continuing Airworthiness – Aircraft Engineer Licences and Ratings||June 2017|
|AC 66-03 v3.0 (pdf 175.21 KB)||Engine Ground Run Training and Assessment||June 2020|
|AC 66-4(0)||Maintenance of aircraft composite structures in a maintenance organisation||December 2011|
|AC 66-05 v2.0||Using a Part 66 Licence to Provide Certifications for Completion of Maintenance under the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988||November 2017|
|AC 66-6 v1.3||Part 66 Licensing and The Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997||July 2015|
|AC 66-07 v1.2||Practical training options for aircraft type training and recording of recent work experience||August 2016|
|AC 66-08 v1.0 (pdf 1.2 MB)||Part 66 aircraft engineer licences - privileges||August 2016|