- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 147 - Maintenance training organisations
Part 147 of CASR sets out matters for:
- maintenance training organisations
- training personnel requiring licences and ratings for the performance of maintenance certifications
- certificates of release to service for aircraft maintenance.
The provisions apply to all aircraft maintenance training organisations who seek or gain a Part 147 approval.
Who Part 147 affects
- current CAR 30 (maintenance training) approval holders
- current and prospective maintenance organisations
- current and prospective maintenance training organisations
- licensed aircraft maintenance engineers
- holders of a Maintenance Authority.
Part 147 can be found in volume 4 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998. Recent amendments to this part may be listed in the Unincorporated Amendments.
Manual of Standards
The Part 147 Manual of Standards is available on the Federal Register of Legislation website.
|AMC/GM Part 147||Maintenance training organisations||January 2016|
|Part 147 Sample Exposition||Example of a maintenance training organisation exposition||November 2011|
|AC 147-01(1)||Practical consolidation training||July 2013|
|AC 147-02 v5.13||Approved Part 147 training organisations||April 2018|
|Form 547||Application for Approval by CASA to Become a Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation - Initial Approval, Re-issue or Change||October 2011|
The Part 147 history includes standards development activities.
View our key proposals page for the initial development of Part 147.