- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
How we respond to recommendations made by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) is responsible for aviation accident investigations. They issue recommendations to CASA and other parties after investigating aviation accidents or incidents.
Each party then considers the recommendations and responds to the ATSB. The ATSB classifies its recommendations as follows:
- Open - a recommendation is open until a response is received.
- Monitor - the ATSB will monitor any actions received on the recommendations.
- Closed - the recommendation has been closed.
Responses to the ATSB recommendations can be found on the ATSB website.