- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASA self service and ARN online application terms and conditions
In consideration of the access to the Portal granted by CASA, you agree to be bound and to abide by these terms and conditions of use. By using this Portal you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be irrevocably and unconditionally bound by the these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the entire portal and associated website(s). There may be other terms and conditions which apply to individual functions of the Portal and you agree to be bound by those terms and conditions as they are disclosed.
It is impossible for CASA to ensure that the services are provided to you at all times or at any specific times or will be able to operate at all times error-free. The provision of services is influenced by the availability of related computer systems. CASA gives no warranties as to the availability of services. CASA may make changes, improvements and/or modifications to this Portal at any time without notice.
Privacy and your personal information
- You agree to CASA's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in CASA's privacy statement.
- CASA is collecting personal information you have provided and may use the information (Personal Licensing Information) to perform its functions under the Civil Aviation Act 1988, the Aviation Transport Security Act 2004 and the Airspace Act 2007. These may include the purposes of:
- assessing any application for an authorisation
- conducting internal audits, or research on aviation safety matters, providing the results are de identified
- conducting identity and security checks.
- CASA will generally collect Personal Licensing Information from you directly, though in some cases it may need to collect it from someone else. You consent to CASA doing this where reasonably necessary for any of the purposes described in paragraph 2.
- The personal licensing information may be provided to CASA personnel who reasonably require it for CASA's functions. CASA may also disclose this information without your consent for an investigation or enforcement purpose or where disclosure is authorised or required by law.
- You must not do any act or engage in any practice that would breach the Privacy Act 1988 or cause CASA to breach that Act. If you become privy to any personal information which you did not previously hold, you agree to carry out and discharge the obligations contained in the Privacy Act as if you were an agency under that Act.
- This Portal may contain confidential information and access to this site is only permitted to persons authorised by CASA in accordance with its guidelines, procedures and policies as published or distributed from time to time. If you are not an authorised user you must exit this site now.
- You must treat as confidential all information obtained from CASA which is clearly marked as being confidential or obtained in circumstances inferring confidentiality. You must not copy, reproduce, use, disclose or make public any confidential information except for the purpose of providing the services or with the prior written consent of CASA.
Authorised access only
- Access to this Portal is restricted to authorised users. Users accounts cannot be shared. You agree to keep your user ID and password, if any, secure and confidential to prevent unauthorised access to the portal. You may not share your user ID and/or password. Where CASA suspects or becomes aware of a breach of these Terms and Conditions, CASA may immediately revoke your access and deny you further access to the Portal. If you do not keep your personal information secure, it is possible someone could try and pretend to be you online and obtain services from CASA.
- When using the Portal, you must not contravene any laws, infringe the legal rights of any person or cause harm to the site or any other users. You must not:
- transmit or post to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or any other material that would give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law
- violate the privacy of any person
- access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks without authority (for example, by hacking) or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network
- breach any security or authentication measures for a system or network
- attempt to gain access to the account of any other user
- engage in any activities which expose CASA to liability.
Up to date information
- You must provide correct and up to date information to CASA. You are responsible for making sure your personal details are correct and up to date. Part 11 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 provides it is a criminal offence not to notify CASA of changes to your name, address, business status or nationality. If these details change, you should sign-in to the portal and update your details.
- This Portal, or products provided to you by CASA, contains various facets of the intellectual property of CASA. You must not use, adapt or reproduce the intellectual property contained within or facilitated by this Portal without first obtaining permission from CASA.
- You must promptly report to CASA any infringement or suspected infringement of any copyright or proprietary rights referred to here or any use, adaptation or reproduction of any intellectual property without consent.
- CASA does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the material provided on this Portal. From time to time, especially in high-volume data environments, errors or omissions may arise, however CASA accepts no liability for any such errors or omissions. This Portal may contain links or references to other web sites for your convenience. As soon as you use these links, you leave this Portal and CASA has no obligation or responsibility regarding content outside this Portal. It further disclaims all responsibility as to links on this site, such as their existence or accuracy.
- In no event will CASA, its employees, officers, agents, sub-contractors or third parties be liable to you for any loss or damage, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, or loss of information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this Portal, any sites linked to this site, or the materials or recommendations or information contained at any or all such sites whether based on warranty, contract or tort (including negligence) and whether or not advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- To the extent that any liability to you attaches to CASA its employees, officers, agents, sub-contractors or third parties, you release CASA, its employees, officers, agents, sub-contractors or third parties to the maximum extent permitted by law. Nothing in these terms operates to exclude, restrict or modify the application of any implied condition or warranty, provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability, implied or conferred under the Australian Consumer Law.
- By creating an account, you are agreeing to receive correspondence from CASA via the portal.
- By placing an order for any product displayed on CASA's website, you offer to purchase each product in the order form at the price set out on the Portal and in accordance with these terms. The offer is accepted only when the product is delivered to you. CASA will ship most orders within 5 business days of acceptance.
Closure of inactive accounts
- In some cases, we may also close accounts that have not been used after a certain amount of time.
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, that term or condition:
- will be read down to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable
- may be severed and the remaining terms and conditions enforced.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.