Annual Report 2013-14
This report provides a concise overview of the operations of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and reviews our performance against the corporate goals identified in the CASA Corporate Plan 2013–14 to 2015–16, for the year ending 30 June 2014.
CASA is accountable to the Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development and the Parliament of Australia. The publication of this annual report also fulfils an important element of CASA’s reporting responsibilities to the wider aviation community.
Through this report, CASA aims to provide readers with a detailed account of the organisation’s performance for the 2013–14 reporting period.
As well as providing a detailed description of what CASA has done during the year, the report contains financial statements for 2013–14 and identifies CASA’s plans to meet expected challenges in the year ahead.
The report was prepared in accordance with the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997; the Civil Aviation Act 1988; the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Act 2014; and other relevant legislation.
We invite readers to use the feedback link firstname.lastname@example.org to provide constructive comments on this report and suggest ways to improve our future reporting practices.
Contents of the Report
- Part 01 Overview
- Part 02 Performance reporting
- Part 03 Corporate governance and management
- Corporate governance
- People management
- Hands-on approach builds mutual understanding
- New human factors resource kit for engineers
- Work health and safety
- Disability reporting
- Recognition for unique instrument flight procedures
- New online resource centre provides easy access to aviation
- External engagement
- External scrutiny
- Risk profiling aviation sectors for better safety outcomes
- New video explains drug and alcohol testing
- Part 04 Other accountability reporting
- Key activities and changes
- Freedom of information
- Enforcement actions
- Ecologically sustainable development
- Sponsorships and grants
- Consultancy services
- Related entity transactions
- Insurance and indemnities
- Technical staff get familiar with new Dreamliner
- Balloons soar in the stratosphere
- Part 05 Financial statements
- Independent auditor’s report
- Statement by the Chair of the Board, Director of Aviation Safety and Chief Financial Officer
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of changes in equity
- Cash flow statement
- Schedule of commitments
- Schedule of contingencies
- Notes to and forming Part of the financial statements
- Part 06 Appendices and references