- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Special Flight Permits (SFP.01) - Protocol Suite
Date of publication:
13 December 2019
The CASA Airworthiness Protocols is a system of rules and processes governing how CASA makes regulatory decisions in relation to the airworthiness of aircraft. The protocol framework was established in early 2019 and the protocols are replacing previous manuals and worksheets as they are published.
The Special Flight Permit Protocol provides a framework for the assessment of applications for a Special Flight Permit. The protocol suite consists of the following documents:
- Protocol (SFP.01) – Special Flight Permits – providing a summary of the airworthiness matter in a master protocol document, including the concept and philosophy and provides the links to related sub-documents.
- Principle (SFP.01) – Special Flight Permits – providing the principles underpinning the overarching policy. Its prime function is to provide the framework for which an approval can be made.
- Workbook (SFP.01) – Special Flight Permits – this is an output document and records the essential steps that must be performed to assure a complete assessment of an airworthiness approval.
- Additional Forms – Depending on the nature of the application, the following form/s are required to be submitted with the application:
- Form 725 – Application for issue of a Special Flight Permit
- Form 721 – Special Flight Permit