- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Experimental Certificates (COA.02) - Protocol Suite
Date of publication:
18 December 2020
The CASA Airworthiness Protocols is a system of rules and processes governing how CASA makes regulatory decisions in relation to the airworthiness of aircraft. The protocol framework was established in early 2019 and the protocols are replacing previous manuals and worksheets as they are published.
The Experimental Certificates Protocol provides a framework for the assessment of applications for an Experimental Certificate. The protocol suite consists of the following documents:
- Protocol (COA.02) – Experimental Certificates – providing a summary of the airworthiness matter in a master protocol document, including the concept and philosophy and provides the links to related sub-documents.
- Principle (COA.02) – Experimental Certificates – providing the principles underpinning the overarching policy. Its prime function is to provide the framework for which an approval can be made.
- Workbook (COA.02) – Experimental Certificates – this is an output document and records the essential steps that must be performed to assure a complete assessment of an airworthiness approval.
- Additional Forms – Depending on the nature of the application, the following form/s are required to be submitted with the application:
- Form 681 - Light Sport Aircraft Statement of Compliance
- Form 718 - Application for Special Certificate of Airworthiness
- Form 720 – Special Certificate of Airworthiness
- Form 727 – Amateur-built Aircraft – Eligibility Statement
- Form 882 - Conformity Inspection Record