- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Aerodrome rescue and fire fighting service procedures manual
Date of publication:
20 September 2016
Approval of aerodrome rescue and fire fighting service (ARFFS) providers and CASA accreditation of training providers for aerodrome rescue and fire fighting services.
Table of contents
- Revision history
- 1. Purpose of the manual
- 2. Scope of the manual
- 3. Regulatory basis
- 3.1 Reference material
- 4. Introduction to ARFFS procedures
- 5. Approval procedures for ARFFS providers flowchart
- 6. Initial enquires regarding approval of ARFFS providers
- 6.1 Handling enquires
- 6.2 When is an ARFFS provider approval required?
- 6.3 Who may make the application?
- 6.4 What is required?
- 6.5 Confidentiality of information provided
- 6.6 Assessment and approval process
- 7. Audit
- 8. Approval process
- 8.1 On receipt of a written request form from an operator
- 8.2 Issue of an ARFFS provider approval
- 8.3 Imposing and varying conditions on an approval
- 8.4 Issue of an approval cannot be refused if CASA is satisfied
- 8.5 Grounds for cancellation of an approval
- 8.6 Return of approval if cancelled
- 9. Issue of ARFFS provider approval
- 9.1 Delegate
- 10. Assessment of amendments to and renewal of approvals
- 11. Expiry of an existing approval
- 12. Accreditation procedures for ARFFS training providers flowchart
- 13. Initial enquiries regarding CASA accreditation of ARFFS training providers
- 13.1 Handling enquires
- 13.2 When is an ARFFS training provider approval required?
- 13.3 Who may make an application to become an ARFFS training provider?
- 13.4 What is required?
- 13.5 Confidentiality of information provided
- 13.6 Assessment and approval process
- 14. Audit
- 15. Accreditation process
- 15.1 On receipt of a written request form from a training provider
- 15.2 Issue of an ARFFS training provider accreditation
- 15.3 Imposing and varying conditions on an accreditation
- 15.4 Issue of an accreditation dependent on applicant attestation
- 15.5 Grounds for an accreditation to lapse
- 15.6 Return of accreditation if accreditation lapses
- 16. Issue of an ARFFS Training Provider Accreditation
- 16.1 Delegate
- 17. Assessment of amendments to, and renewal of a training provider accreditation
- 17.1 Expiry of an existing accreditation
- 18. Sample letters